History of the Festival of Giving
Festival of Giving began in 1950 as the Doll Festival in Wichita. Girl Scout troops would dress dolls, and place them on display at the festival. Following the festival the dolls were distributed to local and overseas agencies for children who might not receive Christmas presents.
Currently, more than 500 Girl Scout troops participate each year in the Festival of Giving season each year providing needed items for approximately 15 social service organizations throughout Butler, Cowley, Harvey, Sedgwick, and Sumner counties.
See photos from previous Festival of Giving events here:
See pictures of previous Festival of Giving events: