Safety Activity Checkpoints
Before any activity is considered, please read and understand Volunteer Essentials Chapter 4: Safety-Wise for details on transporting girls, adult-girl ratios, health information, first-aiders, insurance, emergencies, and activities that are not permitted under any circumstances. When preparing for any activity with girls, always begin with the Safety Activity Checkpoints written specifically for that particular activity.
How To Download
The Safety Activity Checkpoints are available here in a few different formats so you can choose what works best for you. You can either:
• Download all the Safety Activity Checkpoints in one PDF (157 pages) (useful to print and keep in a binder)
• Click here to view and download Safety Activity Checkpoints by individual activity.
How To Read The Safety Activity Checkpoints
Each set of checkpoints includes:
• Where to do the activity
• Tips and information on including girls with disabilities
• Gear suggestions
• Specialized gear
• Steps to prepare for the activity
• Reminders for the day of the activity
• Links, games, lessons, and jargon