Included in the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting: My Promise, My Faith is GSUSA’s first national faith-based recognition.
Individual girls from any religious background may now choose to earn this new award.
Faith organizations provided valuable guidance in its creation, ensuring that girls of all faiths can earn the pin. These organizations view it as a significant award that complements the current religious recognitions PRAY offers.
Girls can earn this award each year they participate in Girl Scouts.
Basic steps a girl must follow to complete the award:
- Pick a line from the Girl Scout Law.
- Interview a woman in your own or another faith-based community.
- Find three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout Law.
- Create something, such as a drawing, painting, or poster.
- Make a commitment to live what you’ve learned.
For the complete guidelines to the My Promise My Faith recognition, see the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting.
Additional questions? Contact a member of program staff at 316-684-6531 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.