Every girl deserves a chance to see the world! Girl Scouts offers many different travel opportunities so girls can see new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures and ideas. Whether exploring their own neighborhoods, going on overnight trips, participating in council-sponsored trips, flying to one of the four world centers, or going on a Girl Scout Destination, Girl Scouts are continually expanding their horizons.
Troop or Group Travel
In addition to regularly scheduled troop meetings, troops or groups of Girl Scouts often plan trips together. Some Girl Scout troops work together just for travel! Traveling can include anything from a local day trip to an international adventure. Girls and adults work together to plan, budget, and arrange trip details according to the guidelines and requirements for travel.
Information and links for troop and group travel are found in the Travel Appendix or on the Travel forms page: http://kansasgirlscouts.org/forms-and-resources/categories/travel/
Do you have an interest in travel? Whether you have little travel experience or a lot, a new adventure is waiting for you. Check out these options and register online for your favorite! Don’t forget that girls in fourth through 12th grade may bank Cookie Credits from year to year in order to apply them toward a long-range council approved trip (including troop trips) or a destination. Adults, we didn’t leave you out! If you are interested in our travel committee or being a chaperone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australia/New Zealand – Summer 2016 (Registration is Oct. 1 – Nov. 30, 2014)
“Journey Down Under” with the Girl Scouts! New Zealand’s thriving Maori culture and unique natural wonders draw visitors from around the world. Enjoy a traditional Maori feast! In Australia, Sydney greets you with its iconic sights: the Opera House, the tower and the harbor bridge. Get up close to the famous local wildlife – koalas, crocs and kangaroos – and enjoy the stunning scenery and local history along the Gold Coast.
- Be It – Must be 14 years old at the time of the trip (Summer 2016, exact dates TBA), with a valid passport and physical. Must be prepared to spend 12 – 14 days away from home.
- Plan It – Base cost is $5,000 (Final cost TBD once girls select excursions) and includes round-trip airfare; nine to 11 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms; breakfast daily and dinner provided on select evenings; sightseeing tours of Rotorua, Auckland, Great Barrier Reef, Sydney; entrance to Rotorua Duck Tour, Maori Village, Skyline Gondola, Agrodome, Whaka geothermal area, Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Tower, National Opal Collection, Sydney Harbour Cruise, Wild Life Sydney Zoo; optional excursions include Kuranda and Blue Mountains of Katoomba.
Click here for a PowerPoint presentation about this trip. Get more details by registering for the informational webinars on Oct. 11 and and Oct. 20, or contact email@example.com for more information.
Destination: Marin Headlands – Summer 2015 (Registration is Nov. 1, 2014 – March 2, 2015)
Nestled in a wooded setting just 10 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge, the Marin Headlands Hostel offers a chance to get away, wind down, and enjoy breathtaking ocean views and trails that lead from creekside to mountainside, open meadow to crashing surf. Our group will tour the state-of-the-art Marine Mammal Center and learn about the elephant seals, sea lions, and sea otters that are treated here and released back into the wild. We will spend half a day volunteering at the Native Plant Nursery, take a night hike led by a professional naturalist, and hike to visit surrounding landmarks such as Rodeo Beach and Point Bonita Lighthouse.
- Plan It – June 19 – 22, 2015, in Sausalito, California. Cost is $900 per girl or adult.
Trip flier: Destination Marin Headlands
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Paris/London 2015 (Registration has ended.)
From the impressive St. Paul’s Cathedral to the famed Eiffel Tower, discover two of Europe’s most popular cities! Marvel at the Arc de Triomphe, experience the luxury of Versailles, and pose for a photo in Trafalgar Square. Among the highlights of your tour will be a special pinning ceremony at Pax Lodge, the WAGGGS Centre in London.
- Plan It – June 17 – 23, 2015 (tentative)
- Trip includes: Round-trip airfare, Eurostar high-speed train, six overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms (7 with extension), European breakfast and dinner daily, full-time tour director, three sightseeing tours (London, Paris, Versailles) led by licensed local guides, two walking tours (London, Paris), entrance to Tower of London, Globe Theatre, Globe Theatre Interactive lecture, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre, Visit to WAGGGS Centre: Pax Lodge, Optional: London Eye and Thames River cruise.
Savannah, GA 2015 – Just for Volunteers and Alumnae! (Registration has ended.)
Experience the southern charm and exquisite architecture of Savannah, one of the oldest cities in America. See brilliantly restored neighborhoods filled with stately old mansions and Victorian homes. Discover hidden gardens and old plantations. And visit the Girl Scout First Headquarters and participate in the Girl Scout Heritage Visit at Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace.
- Be It – Walk long distances; Must be a registered adult member
- Plan It – July 15 – 18, 2015 – Departure from Wichita, KS
- $ It – $1,240 per participant includes: Airfare, Air-conditioned motor coach; 3 overnights in hotels, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners. Entrance to Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace; Old Fort Jackson; Dolphin Cruise; Tybee Island Lighthouse; Andrew Low House; Laurel Grove Cemetery. Program at Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace and the Girl Scout Militia Program at Old Fort Jackson. Evening activities include a Historic Savannah Carriage Tour and the famous Ghost Walk!
Regional option: CoCo Key Waterpark
- Activities toward badges: Create a First-Aid Kit; learn about swim safety techniques, water filtration, recycling, and conservation.
- Girl Scout room rate
- Local attraction packages (Kansas City)
National option: Students Live
- Career Day on Broadway for Girl Scouts
- “Best of Broadway” Interactive Show Packages” for Girl Scouts
- “Behind the Scenes” and “Performance” workshops for Girl Scouts
- Girl Scout NYC hotel room rates
International option: EF Tours
- Dozens of all-inclusive itineraries to the best destinations all over the world
- Each itinerary designed just for Girl Scouts
- Free international training for leaders
- Many trips include the WAGGGS centers
Girl Scout Destination is your chance to go somewhere new, do something different, and meet people from everywhere you can imagine. Download your guide to Destinations and the Destination application here: http://www.girlscouts.org/forgirls/travel/destinations/default.asp