Every girl deserves a chance to see the world. Girl Scouts offers many different travel opportunities so girls can see new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures and ideas. Whether exploring their own neighborhoods, going on overnight trips, participating in council sponsored trips, flying to one of the four world centers, or going on a Girl Scout Destination, Girl Scouts are continually expanding their horizons.
Troop or Service Unit Sponsored Trips
Not only do some of the most memorable moments in a Girl Scout’s life happen while taking trips, but travel also offers a wealth of opportunities for girls to develop leadership skills. This appendix helps you prepare girls for local, regional, or international travel of any scope and duration: Travel Appendix 2012-2013
>Regional option: CoCo Key Waterpark
- Activities toward Badges: Create a First Aid Kit; learn about swim safety techniques, water filtration, recycling, and conservation.
- Girl Scout room rate
- Local attraction packages (Kansas City)
>National option: Students Live
- Career Day on Broadway for Girl Scouts
- “Best of Broadway” Interactive Show Packages” For Girl Scouts
- “Behind the Scenes” and “Performance” workshops for Girl Scouts
- Girl Scout NYC hostel room rates
>International option: EF Tours
- dozens of all-inclusive itineraries to the best destinations all over the world
- each one designed just for Girl Scouts
- free international training for leaders
- many trips include the WAGGGS centers
Girl Scout destination is your chance to go somewhere new, do something different, and meet people from everywhere you can imagine. Learn more about the 2013 Destinations application here or download your guide to Destinations and the Destination application here: http://www.girlscouts.org/forgirls/travel/destinations/default.asp
Council Sponsored Trips
Do you have an interest in travel? Whether you have little travel experience or a lot a new adventure is waiting for you. Check out these options and register online for your favorite. Don’t forget that Girls in 4th to 12th Grade may bank cookie credits from year to year in order to apply them toward a long-range council approved trip (including troop trip) or destination. Adults we didn’t leave you out! If you are interested in our travel committee, or being a chaperone contact email@example.com
What is it like to live in the entertainment capital of the world? Well, you can experience the “sweet life” for yourself! On this trip, you’ll be escorted on a tour of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Venice Beach. You’ll stop (and shop!) on Rodeo Drive. Cruise down the Sunset Strip and stop on Hollywood Boulevard to walk on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and see the Mann’s Chinese and Kodak Theaters. See the Hollywood Sign, Mulholland Drive, Westwood Village, and much more! Just a few steps from the hostel, we will visit the beach, the pier amusement park complete with Ferris wheel, roller coaster and carnival games! There will also be time to shopping at the Third Street Promenade.
- Map it – Santa Monica, California, USA
- Be it – Adult Leader/Parent must accompany girls under 9th grade.
- Plan it – June 20 – 22, 2014; must be 4th – 12th grade at the time of the event; Max. 25.
- Get it – Comfortable walking shoes; Camera, beach wear; shopping money
- $ It – $700 per participant includes: Airfare, two overnights at the Santa Monica hostel, half-day L.A. City Tour, “Discover the World” patch, two breakfasts, one dinner
Experience the southern charm and exquisite architecture of Savannah, one of the oldest cities in America. See brilliantly restored neighborhoods filled with stately old mansions and Victorian homes. Discover hidden gardens and old plantations. And visit the Girl Scout First Headquarters and participate in the Girl Scout Heritage Visit at Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace.
- Be It – Walk long distances; Must be a registered adult member
- Plan It – July 15 – 18, 2015 – Departure City Wichita, KS
- $ It – $1,240 per participant includes: Airfare, Air-conditioned motor coach; 3 overnights in hotels, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners. Entrance to Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace; Old Fort Jackson; Dolphin Cruise; Tybee Island Lighthouse; Andrew Low House; Laurel Grove Cemetery. Program at Juliette Gordon Low’s Birthplace and the Girl Scout Militia Program at Old Fort Jackson. Evening activities include a Historic Savannah Carriage Tour and the famous Ghost Walk!
Visit Australia and New Zealand with 18 of your newest friends! New Zealand’s thriving Maori culture and unique natural wonders draw visitors from around the world. Enjoy a traditional Maori feast! In Australia, Sydney greets you with its iconic sights: the Opera House, the tower and the harbor bridge. Get up close to the famous local wildlife—koalas, crocs and kangaroos—and enjoy the stunning scenery and local history along the Gold Coast.
- Be It – Walk long distances; Spend 12 – 14 days away from home; Must be 14 years old at the time of the trip; All participants must have a valid passport and physical.
- Plan It – June 2016
- $ It – Final Cost TBD by the girls. Base cost is $5000. Includes: Airfare, 9 overnight stays in hotels (11 with extension), Breakfast daily and dinner on days 4, 5, 6 and 9 (12 and 13 with extension); Sightseeing tours: Rotorua; Auckland; Great Barrier Reef; Sydney; With extension: Honolulu. Entrance to: Rotorua Duck Tour; Maori Village; Skyline Gondola; Agrodome; Whaka geothermal area; Great Barrier Reef; Sydney Tower; National Opal Collection; Sydney Harbour cruise; Wild Life Sydney Zoo; With extension: USS Arizona War Memorial. Optionals: Kuranda; Blue Mountains of Katoomba; With extension: North Shore and Dole Plantation.