Due to the generosity of donors, Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland is able to offer several scholarships. This year’s council scholarship offerings are:
- George and Jayne Smith Scholarship: $3,000 (up to six scholarships to be awarded) 2014 Smith Instructions
- Helen Liefert Scholarship: $500 (one scholarship available)
- Alumni and Friends Scholarship: $1,000 (one scholarship available)
- Gold Award Scholarship Application 2014: $2,500 (up to two scholarships available)
- Shirley Mosher Scholarship: $500 (one scholarship available)
- Dolores Crum Scholarship: $ 250 (one scholarship available)
NOTE: One transcript and two set of references are required (only one (1) copy of the transcript and references is needed even if applying for more than one scholarship). Click here for scholarship reference form.
All applications are due no later than January 17, 2014 by 5 p.m. to:
c/o Scholarship Committee
360 Lexington Rd.
Wichita, KS 67218
Recipients of named scholarships above will be recognized through Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland print and online materials as well as possible council events. We look forward to receiving your application; for additional questions contact Calla Wiemeyer at (316) 684-6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girl Scouts, are you making a difference through volunteering? If so, Prudential Financial and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) wants to recognize you! You could win $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C. in May. To learn more about application requirements and details, you may go here. Application deadline is November 5, 2013.
Annually, the Veterans of Foreign Wars recognizes four individuals: Eagle Scouts, Girl Scout Gold Award recipients, Venture Silver Award recipients and Sea Scout Quartermasters who have risen above their peers in exemplifying the exceptional qualities of that rank with the following:
- $5,000 1st place scholarship
- $3,000 2nd place scholarship
- $1,000 3rd place scholarship
To be eligible for the award, the candidate must:
- Be a registered, active member of a Boy or Girl Scout Troop, Venturing Crew or Sea Scout Ship.
- Be the recipient of the Eagle Scout Award, Gold Award, Venture Silver Award or Sea Scout Quartermaster Award.
- Have demonstrated exemplary citizenship in school, Scouting and community.
- Have reached his or her 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
GSUSA is pleased to announce our new five year Alcoa Chuck McLane Scholarship Program. This multi-year scholarship program is made possible through the generous support of the Alcoa Foundation. Each year beginning Fall 2013, two qualified Girl Scout Gold Award Recipients will be chosen to receive a total of $10,000.
GSUSA is now accepting a maximum of two applications per council for Girl Scout Gold Award recipients who meet the following criteria:
1. completed a 2013 STEM Take Action Project (project touches on Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
2. will be attending an accredited college or university as a freshman beginning Fall 2013.
Once selected, scholarship funds will be distributed in increments of $5,000 beginning freshman year 2013 and another $5,000 again in her Junior year of college if she maintains a 3.0 GPA and plans to continue her education.
Contact email@example.com. for an application to the Alcoa Chuck McLane Scholarship Program.