Introducing the 2014 Honor Troop program!
To download the full Honor Troop requirements go here, Honor Troop 2014.
Click here for the Quarter 1 Honor Troop Application
Troops that complete this Quarter 1 application by January 15 will be entered into a regional drawing for a troop party (your choice of a pizza or ice cream party). One troop per region will be selected in the last week of January.
Honor Troop is a Girl Scout tradition across the country, and we are excited to re-introduce this program across GSKH. Troops, get started on your Honor Troop checklist right away. Make sure you don’t miss the membership registration deadline or skip out on having a fall parent meeting!
What is Honor Troop?
- Honor Troop is a tool for troop leaders to make sure the girls in the troop are exposed to different options and activities for Girl Scouts.
- Honor Troop is a special reward that girls decide to work on, and achieve, together.
- Honor Troop helps parents understand what being a Girl Scout is all about.
How does the Honor Troop program work?
- At the beginning of the Girl Scout year, troop members decide if they want to work toward Honor Troop recognition. All of the 2014 Honor Troop requirements must be completed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014.
When does a troop become an Honor Troop?
- Your 2014 Honor Troop application will be due on or before October 31, 2014, and the troop will be recognized as an Honor Troop for the entire next year.
What are the benefits of becoming an Honor Troop?
- A well-rounded year of Girl Scouting!
- A special Honor Troop patch for all troop members!
- Simple guidelines for a successful troop year make planning easier for leaders, parents, and girls!