Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland is committed to making sure that Girl Scouting is open to all girls in our geographic area.
Financial Assistance offer girls the opportunity to participate in Girl Scouting. Financial Assistance may be requested for: Girl Scouts of the USA membership dues, troop dues, uniform (tunic, sash or vest), uniform components (troop numerals, council id set, flag set); handbook set or journey book; and council event fees including summer program fees. Print a pdf of the Financial Assistance Application 2013 here.
A Campership Application is not needed for Girl Scouts of the USA membership dues.
Financial Assistance GUIDELINES:
- Financial Assistance is granted based on the financial need and availability of funds; with priority given to first-time applicants.
- Financial Assistance is not designed to replace individual or troop endeavor or cookie credits.
- Assistance may be requested for part or all of the amount needed and maybe approved in whole, in part or denied.
- This form may be completed by the parents/guardians or troop leaders.
- Registration for events or summer program must be submitted four weeks prior to the event reservation deadline.
- Do not pay for registrations, troop dues, items or events in advance and then ask for a refund. Funding will be transferred within the council’s bookkeeping system.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the parent/guardian and will need to be resubmitted for consideration.
- A reply will be mailed to the parent/guardian for uniform, uniform component and summer program fees.
- The troop leader will receive a reply for troop dues (in the form of a check) and council events (amount applied to program fee).
- Please allow three to four weeks for a reply.