What are Cookie Credits?
Cookie Credits are council-issued credits earned through our product sales program. They may be used for Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland programs, including council partner-led activities; Service Unit activities; camps; travel; and store purchases. They may also be used for out-of-council resident camp and for council-approved, long-range troop trips.
When can they be used?
Cookie credits earned during the 2014 Cookie Sale are available for use from April 15 through December 15.
How many I have earned?
Go to Kansasgirlscouts.org and check your Cookie Credit balance in Ultracamp. The link will take you to the login screen for your online family registration account. You will need your user name and password to log in to obtain your balance. Cookie Credits can be applied to event/activities in your family account OR transferred to a shop for purchasing merchandise (see How can I transfer Cookie Credits below). If you do not have this information, you may also phone any of our council offices for assistance.
How can I use my credits?
Girls in kindergarten through grade 12:
• May apply Cookie Credits toward program fees, council event fees in their Ultracamp Family Account (must register prior to December 15, 2014), or purchases from Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland council shops by transferring them with the Cookie Credit Transfer Form (see below).
• May apply Cookie Credits toward council-approved troop trips or travel or destinations.
Girls in grades 4 through 12:
• May store unused Cookie Credits from year to year in order to apply them toward a long-range, council-approved trip (including troop trip or Destination). Banked Cookie Credits may only be used for council approved troop trips at least 125 miles from point of origin.
• Credits will be automatically stored after December 15 for girls in grade 4 through 11.
Graduating Girl Scout Ambassadors (grade 12):
• Must use their Cookie Credits by September 30, 2014.
• May apply Cookie Credits toward a Lifetime Girl Scout membership. Application deadline is September 1.
How can I transfer Cookie Credits for Shop Purchases?
The transfer forms may be found at: Kansasgirlscouts.org under Forms and Resources > For Parents. This form is used by a parent/guardian when transferring Cookie Credits from family registration accounts for use in Shop only.
Transfers may be made to:
• Troop/group online event registration account
• Council shop
• Council-sponsored Travel or council-approved Troop/Group travel or GSUSA Destination
• Out-of-Council Resident Camp
Please allow one business day. The parent/guardian will be automatically notified by email once the transfer is complete.
Note: Once Cookie Credits are transferred to a council shop, they cannot be transferred back or used toward council event registration. Cookie Credits may not be redeemed through the e-commerce website, since Girl Scouts of the USA does not recognize individual Girl Scout Council’s Cookie Credits.
What else might I need to know about Cookie Credits?
• Cookie Credits expire December 15 (except grades 4 through 12 – please see above).
• Cookie Credits cannot be redeemed for cash.
• Cookie Credits can only be applied toward programs in which the girl is eligible to participate.
• Cookie Credits may be applied toward all or part of a program fee or purchase.
• Cookie Credits may be shared by girls living in the same household.
• Cookie Credits may not be used for trading post at summer programs.
• Cookie Credits may not be used toward GSUSA membership dues