Festival of Giving has a new twist in 2013
First – We take action:
• Register by November 25 to participate with your troop or service unit. Ask your leader how, it’s free!
• Girls will learn more about the area agencies like Catholic Charities and the Kansas Food Bank, then collect or purchase items from their wish list to make a difference this holiday season.
Next - take your gifts directly to your agency between November 30 and December 7 and pick up a special gift bag of goodies!
Finally – Celebrate your accomplishments:
• Girl Scouts will receive free admission to a Victorian Christmas at the historic Old Cowtown Museum on December 13 for participating in the collection and delivery of wish list items.
The Festival of Giving Season is an annual community service event held for Girl Scouts in Wichita and surrounding areas. Each Service Unit is assigned an agency that serves residents within our community. Girls will work with the adults to learn more about their assigned agency and their needs. Then each group or girl will collect or purchase items that meet the needs of their designated agency. These items will then be delivered to the agencies by the troops or girls from November 30 through December 7. Upon delivery of the items to the agency, Girl Scouts will receive a gift bag full of goodies from local businesses with a ticket granting them free admission into the Festival of Giving Celebration at the Victorian Christmas occurring at Old Cowtown Museum on December 13. Those attending the celebration are encouraged to bring new unwrapped toys to donate to Toys 4 Tots.
Below are the 2013 agency assignments. Click for a wishlist!
- Reno County - Soup Kitchen Wish List 2013
Contact: Stanley Murdock (620) 662-6468
- Sumner County - SafeHome Wish List 2013
Contact: LeeAnn Riediger, (620) 221-7079
- Butler County East - CASA Wish List 2013
Contact: (316) 320-0238
- Butler County West - CASA Wish List 2013
Contact: (316) 320-0238
- Harvey County – Youthville Wish List 2013
Contact: Matt Johnson (316) 529-9215
- Wichita Northwest - Kansas Foodbank Wish List 2013
Contact: Larry Gunkel (316)-265-4421
- Wichita West - Starkey Wish List 2013
Contact: Celeste Balog (316) 512-4247
- Wichita Northeast - Catholic Charities Wish List 2013
Contact: Amy Smith (316) 264-8344 ext. 1221
- Wichita East - The Arc of Sedgwick County Wish List 2013
Contact: Mary Brown (316) 943-1191 ext. 132
- Wichita North - Episcopal Social Services Wishi List 2013
Contact: (316) 269-4160
- Sedgwick County West - Salvation Army Wish List 2013
Contact: Cheryl Warne (316) 263-2769 Ext. 114
- Sedgwick County Southwest - Interfaith Ministries Wish List 2013
Contact: Kat Franchino (316) 264-9303 Ext. 111
- Sedgwick County Southeast - Wichita Children’s Home Wish List 2013
Contact: Beth Thummel (316) 684-6581
- Sedgwick County North - Rainbows Wish List 2013
Contact: Amy McDonald (316) 558-3482
Reminder: All donations must be delivered directly to the agency!