We invite volunteers from across Kansas to Salina for the 2014 Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Annual Meeting. Please come for lunch, join us for the business meeting, and stay for an exciting and motivating presentation by our special guest – Holly Hoffman, cast member of the reality show, Survivor: Nicaragua and Girl Scout Alumni!
All Girl Scout members ages 14 and up are invited to participate as voting members in the annual business meeting. This is a great leadership opportunity for teenage Girl Scouts.
When: 12 to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 5, 2014
* Our Girl Scout Shop will be open from 11 a.m. to noon. Please plan on arriving at the gym between 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. to check in. The Girl Scout Shop will also be open after the event ends at 3 p.m.
Reservation Deadline: Thursday, March 27. Registration for members (girls and adults) is on eBiz. There is no charge to attend, but those who plan to go should register to help ensure an accurate headcount for lunch. Girl Scout members with family and guests attending can contact Holly Slawkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of guests attending.
Location: Kansas Wesleyan University Student Activities Center, 100 E. Claflin Avenue, Salina, KS 67401
* The Student Activities Center is on the corner of Fourth and Claflin. There is parking along both Claflin and Fourth, and a parking lot on the east side of the Student Activities Center.
* Hotel rooms are available at a discounted rate of $50 (double queen room) at the Sleep Inn & Suites, 3932 South 9th Street, Salina. Please make your reservations directly by calling the hotel at (785) 404-6777 and asking for a room in the Girl Scout block.
Below are materials for review prior to the annual meeting. All registered members of the council, 14 years and older, are able to participate.
- Annual Meeting 2013 Minutes
- Annual Meeting 2014 Agenda
- Annual Meeting 2014 Candidate Bios
- Annual Meeting 2014 Rules
- Annual Meeting 2014 Slate of Nominees