Terri and Jim Schmitz of Parsons were surprised when their church bestowed upon them the TORCH award. This is a national award given through the Methodist church. The couple received the award to acknowledge the tremendous amount of volunteerism the Schmitz’ contribute to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. Terri is currently the board secretary for Kansas Heartland Girl Scout Council, serves on the property committee, assists with her two granddaughter’s troops and has had her hand in about every Girl Scout event in Southeast Kansas. Over the years Jim has helped with programming, sharing his artistic talents and always helping behind the scenes. Congratulations on a well-deserved award.
- Teleconferences to gauge member feedback on outdoor experiences
- Upcoming meetings highlight 2016 Australia/New Zealand trip
- Girl Scouts welcoming new members, volunteers
- Girl Scout Throwback: Hutchinson troop in 1955 ‘American Girl’ magazine
- Discover, Connect, Take Action: 2014 Girl Scout Convention