The Girl Scout Bronze Award is the highest honor a Girl Scout Junior can achieve. More than half a million other Girl Scout Juniors across the country and around the world are learning about this leadership adventure. Imagine what girls can accomplish when they team up with others and use their special skills and interests to take action and make a difference in the world!
There are eight steps that the girls will take to earn their Girl Scout Bronze Award.
- Go on a Girl Scout Junior Journey. (There are 3 to choose from!)
- Build your Girl Scout Junior team. (an expert in the topic, leaders, parents, friends, GS troop)
- Explore your community. (research an issue that is important to you, interview experts on that issue)
- Choose your Girl Scout Bronze Award project.
- Make a plan.
- Put your plan into motion.
- Spread the word. (www.kansasgirlscouts.org/share , local newspaper, YouTube, Facebook)
- When projects are complete send the Bronze Award Final report http://kansasgirlscouts.org/wp-content/uploads/bronze-award-project-report.pdf to email@example.com for approval to purchase the award.
When a girl works toward the Bronze Award, they represent what Girl Scouts can achieve in their communities. Earning the Girl Scout Bronze Award involves the time to complete a Journey, and another 20 hours that includes building their team, exploring their community, choosing their project, planning it, putting it into motion, and spreading the word. Remember that they’re Girl Scouts, which means they will earn their award with courage, confidence, and character and make a difference in the world around them!