Destinations 101 – Girl Scout destinations, travel experiences that range from two days to three weeks for Cadettes and older, can whisk you to the far corners of the world where you will meet remarkable girls, develop leadership skills, gain confidence, and enjoy valuable learning opportunities to take action. With destinations, you can:
• Explore the Galápagos Islands
• Become an Aerospace Career Explorer
• Learn the ins and outs of Broadway with leading directors, composers, and producers
• Sample life at a World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Center in London, India, Mexico, or Switzerland
And much more…
But that’s not all.
Think you can go back to your life the way it was pre-destination? No way! You’ll leave your destination feeling inspired and empowered, and through Girl Scouts, you can turn this inspiration into action in your community. So, what’s stopping you from having the time of your life?
Which destination is right for you? There are six destination categories to choose from:
Applying for for a destination? Five Steps that Will Change Your Life:
- Log on to www.girlscouts.org/destinations. Select your top four choices.
- Download the application form and complete it. You’ll need to fill out an application for each event you want to attend.
- Print out two copies of the reference form and ask two people who know how awesome you are to fill them out. You can use the same letters of reference for all your applications.
- Send your application to your Girl Scout council headquarters office—by the November 26, 2012, deadline, of course! If you have questions, call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go on your destination. Bon voyage!
Concerned About Cost?
Yes, some events are more costly than others. But many individuals and Girl Scout groups complete money–earning projects to pay
for parts of their trip. Remember to ask the council about travel scholarships, too.
Make the Most of Girl Scout Travel:
• Visit the Girl Scout destinations Web page, www.girlscouts.org/destinations , for trip descriptions, applications, and current offerings. Check out Explore It!
• Your Guide to Girl Scout destinations. Packed with information about specific trips, and tips for filling out applications and writing essays, you can download a copy at www.girlscouts.org/destinations
• Get a Girl Scout Travel Log, designed especially for you. In this journal, you can record pre-, mid-, and post-trip reflections. Log on to www.girlscouts.org/travel to download a copy of the Travel Log.
• Pick up Exploration: The Girl Scout Guide to Global Travel if you are going international. Filled with tips and tricks for traveling abroad, the Girl’s Guide takes you through the steps of planning your own international group trip. Girl Scout adults may want its handy companion, Adult Guide to Girl Scout Global Travel. Download the Girl’s Guide by logging on to www.girlscouts.org/travel