All of the Gold Award and Silver Award resources are online at http://kansasgirlscouts.org/about-girl-scouts/awards/ and available for girls and volunteers to read at their own pace. Council sponsored training for older girls was discontinued June 1, 2012 as they were not available across the entire council. The materials are easy to use and available to all girls regardless of location in our council.
- All girls interested in the Gold and Silver must submit a proposal to email@example.com prior to starting their project.
- If funds are needed girls must submit a money earning or donation form to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval
- After the committee has approved the proposal girls may begin their project
- Gold Award mentors are selected by the Gold Award committee
- After project completion girls must submit a final report to email@example.com to receive approval for the award
- Troops may work on the Bronze or Silver, but the Gold Award is an individual project
- Projects may not benefit the Girl Scouts
- Troops must submit the Bronze Award Project Report to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval to purchase pins
Please pass this information along to the girls and volunteers in your area. As always anyone can contact email@example.com with questions or for more information about the teen mentoring awards.